Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
  • My 100 Things
  • << Home


  • Blogroll Me!
    Sque's Links

    Archives

    My version of a Totally Sque'd reality!

    January 28, 2005

    I Shall Do My Part

    After not talking to him for several days, I finally got to talk to B again on Monday. He has been moved from Kuwait into Iraq. I can't even describe how much I was missing him, but he seemed to be happy that he's finally there. Although he wasn't yet in a more permanent housing situation, he said the conditions are much much better. We were able to spend several hours talking on IM, then he went over to the phone center and gave me a call. He was able to send several pictures, including the one below, with his "Somali Warlord" friend! [LOL, B said that, not me, and he was kidding of course!] Apparently they have become good friends and that is a running joke between the two of them.



    He assured me that it was okay to post pictures. I will, however, always blur or remove names or other identifying information, so just ignore the big blur on Mr. Warlords cammo jacket. One can never be too careful. For all we know, some terrorist could very well be surfing the blog-world, during his coffee break as we speak and far be it from me to leak information to the enemy! Hey, it isn't so far fetched. They do have internet access! While looks may be deceiving, Iraq isn't the third world country it appears to be on television. Never fear Mr. Warlord! I shall protect thee from blog surfing terrorists!

    When I last spoke to B on Monday, they were about to leave on an overnight mission. He said they were told to pack for up to four days in case they ran into road closures or other unforeseen events. I haven't heard from him since. I am guessing that they are helping with election security, or at least that's what I am hoping. All I can do for now is try to keep positive thoughts, pray that he is safe and provide plenty of blog content to keep the terrorists busy during the elections.
    Yes, I know I have a twisted sense of humor, but there are times when humor comes in handy and this is one of them.

    Jack LaLanne Juicer


    Who Links Here