Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
  • My 100 Things
  • << Home


  • Blogroll Me!
    Sque's Links

    Archives

    My version of a Totally Sque'd reality!

    January 20, 2005

    The Search Goes On...

    American Idol has started it's 4th season! I haven't missed a season yet and if I can make it through the first several weeks of torturous audition shows, this season will be no different! My friend D and I usually watch it together or we hang out on the phone and critique the performances! I totally need to get a life, but since I've royally screwed up my ankle, that isn't gonna be happening anytime soon!
    A number of things have been going on as of late. I am still on the lookout for the perfect job! I've been searching internet and want ads for something, anything really, that will spark some interest. Since blogging doesn't seem to get the bills paid, I suppose I'll have to keep looking. I was toying around with the idea of becoming a Doula or perhaps a midwife. I have always been very intrigued by the whole birthing process. I've been to a birth or two. Of course that doesn't make me an expert or anything, but the interest is there. The only recurring thought I have on that particular profession is that it probably wouldn't take much to change my mind about having a baby of my own someday. I mean, I can handle the pain of childbirth just fine, as long as the pain belongs to someone else!
    I freely admit that I'm a wuss. I've been on the verge of screaming every day this week with my latest round of mid-winter allergies. I can only thank god that Brian isn't here to watch me as I slumber with my nose plugged full of Kleenex! I'm sure the thought of me hobbling around on crutches, with Kleenex hanging out of my nose is just more sexiness than he could probably stand! At this rate, I may never have to use birth control again!
    Speaking of Brian...Their plans to make the move into Iraq on the 15th were cancelled. He seemed a little disappointed about it. I'm sort of torn about it. On one hand, I feel like he is a little more safe in Kuwait, but I also know that the conditions at Anaconda will be better than the camp in Kuwait. The good news is that he had a couple of days to try and recuperate from the Flu! My phone is on the fritz so I didn't hear from him yesterday [Wednesday], but last I heard, they had no idea when they would be headed to Iraq.
    I can't believe he's only been gone a few weeks. It seems like he's been gone forever and this year is going to just drag on forever...I can just feel it! Oh well, at least I'll have American Idol to keep me occupied until the end of May.
    So the search goes on for the next American Idol and a new career path for Sque! Hmmm...I'd make a helluva AI judge! Now there is a job I could totally live with and that would kill two birds with one stone!
    Jack LaLanne Juicer


    Who Links Here