Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
  • My 100 Things
  • << Home


  • Blogroll Me!
    Sque's Links

    Archives

    My version of a Totally Sque'd reality!

    February 04, 2005

    Update From Iraq

    Good news from Iraq yesterday! B put in for his R&R leave a few days ago and found out that he will get to come home for 2 weeks sometime in May! *Does Happy Dance* At first we were thinking it would be sometime in July, so this was a nice bit of news for both of us! I don't know all the details yet, but they should be forthcoming in the next couple of months!
    He's been moved into his permanent living quarters this week and they are very tiny! Despite that, he has purchased a satellite dish and microwave from some departing troops. He is still on the look-out for a small refrigerator. I think it's pretty cool that they can get this stuff in the middle of a war zone. He has also been looking for a coffee maker so that the guys can come hang out and chill when they get in from missions. I may end up sending one over, but he's been checking the PX for one at each of the bases they go to. I sent his first care package a few days ago with some kitchen necessities, home-made cookies and other goodies. I wasn't exactly thrilled to find out it will take 3 weeks for it to get there. I'm not too sure how good 3 week old cookies are gonna taste, but I guess we'll be finding out! B already has a request in for some rice crispy treats and I told him they may be stale by the time the package gets there. He said he didn't care if they were hard as a rock, he would still eat them! THAT'S HOW MUCH HE LOVES those things and if the man wants some hard-as-a-rock rice crispy treats, then by golly he'll get some!
    They have been on a number of missions the past couple of weeks. During the first one, the insurgents fired an RPG [Rocket Propelled Grenade] at them and then a gun battle ensued. He said as soon as they started firing back, the insurgents fled on foot. Apparently they aren't real fond of targets that WILL ACTUALLY FIRE BACK at them! On another mission they found 3 IED's [Improvised Explosive Devices] along the road that they had to detonate before their vehicles could pass. Hearing about all this leaves me with some very mixed feelings. On one hand it makes me nervous to hear that they run into these kinds of situations, but then again, it makes me feel a little better knowing that they are able to spot trouble and handle it effectively. B of course, acts like it's no big deal! I beg to differ! It's a big f***ing deal when I hear someone has fired a grenade at someone I love, but hey, that's just me!
    Hope you all have a great weekend!
    Jack LaLanne Juicer


    Who Links Here