Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
  • My 100 Things
  • << Home


  • Blogroll Me!
    Sque's Links

    Archives

    My version of a Totally Sque'd reality!

    March 19, 2005

    Oh Hell...It's Hailing!

    As you all know, I live in Texas and I happen to live right smack dab in the middle of what's called "Tornado Alley" in this part of the country. We have been having bad weather all evening and it's hailed several times already. That is usually one of the signs of a tornadic activity, but thankfully that isn't the case tonight. I'm just wondering if my Explorer has been damaged by the hail at this point. Three months after I bought it, we had a bad hail storm that caused $3000 worth of damage to it. I'm bummed and really hoping that isn't the case again! Urrrrghhh! I have already discovered that my greenhouse window above the kitchen sink is cracked at the top!
    I hope you're all having a better Saturday night than I am!
    Update: Sunday Afternoon
    I spent the better part of the day surveying the damage and it appears to be minimal. So far I have found one cracked window and another that is broken upstairs. The explorer seems to be okay. I live in a townhome and one of the areas where I park has sort of a canopy of trees and that seems to have saved me some damage. I saw other vehicles with hail damage though! Whewww! My dad called to see if everything was ok and suggested that I contact my insurance company and have them check the roof for damage. Ugh! If there is damage up there, this will be the third roof replacement in 6 years. All courtesy of the insurance company, but you know how that goes. We really end up paying for it in the long run.
    Happy Sunday!
    Now Playing: The Thunder Rolls, By: Garth Brooks
    Jack LaLanne Juicer


    Who Links Here