Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
  • My 100 Things
  • << Home


  • Blogroll Me!
    Sque's Links

    Archives

    My version of a Totally Sque'd reality!

    April 06, 2005

    Sobbing, Superstitious Sucker...Yep, that shoe fits!

    Ever had one of those weeks where everything just goes haywire? This is one of them. Here's the update.
    Tia is still missing in action. Monday was screwed by various things and I didn't get to the animal shelter until yesterday morning. They sent me to the "cat room" to take a look around for her. As soon as I walked in, every cat in there jumped up and said "Oh yay...You're here to take me home aren't you?" It was obvious they saw the stamp on my forehead that says "I'm a sucker for a cute cat!". Of course I had to visit with each one, tickle their noses through the cages and talk to each one of them. Then it dawned on me that every other cat in the city was there and not mine. I left the room sobbing like a nut. I filled out a lost cat form and left behind a picture and all my information, but I'm not holding out much hope. The really sucky part is that I could let this go if I knew for sure that she has died.

    In other news, we had a neighbor that had a water heater catch fire. There is a bit of smoke damage to my place, but nothing too major. A little paint and we're good as new again, but I am having to wash EVERYTHING in sight. Clothes, bedding, linens, towels, dishes...Everything. Bleh...It's a thrill a minute in the Sque'd household!

    On a happier note, I think I've found a wedding dress I like...Or at least part of it! Not so sure on the top part, but the lower half, I absolutely love.
    I am going to talk to a lady here in town that used to design wedding gowns for Neiman Marcus. She now designs and makes them on her own. I may have her design a gown from several pictures of gowns that I like, but I definitely like the lower half of this one. I'm not much into big, frilly, fluffy dresses! I'll keep you posted on further developments! After I meet with her and finalize the design, I'll try to post a sketch, but I can't post a pic of it until after the wedding. Yes, I am that superstitious, but no, I didn't run when I saw that black cat yesterday.

    Now Playing: Take my breath away, By: Jessica Simpson
    Jack LaLanne Juicer


    Who Links Here