Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
  • My 100 Things
  • << Home


  • Blogroll Me!
    Sque's Links

    Archives

    My version of a Totally Sque'd reality!

    April 18, 2005

    Update from Iraq

    After ten days of no contact and only one email on the 12th, Brian and I finally touched base with each other early this morning! Yes Mrs. Mogul, that's why I was up so late last night and leaving goofy comment's on your blog! lol


    It was such a relief to talk to him! I don't know what is wrong with me, but when we lose contact for more than a couple of days, my mind goes places I shouldn't even be thinking about. I try very hard not to show my distress here because I know how I am and I don't want to get everyone else worried for no reason! I just cannot imagine how families coped in wars past, when telephone calls from the war zone were almost unheard of. The technology today at least allows for daily contact whenever it's possible! We talk some on the phone and quite frequently via Yahoo Instant Messenger. They have AT&T phone banks and computer centers where they can contact loved ones as often as they wish. Their group has also purchased equipment for wireless internet so that those who have laptops with them can use them from their trailers. That is actually set up now, but the signal isn't very strong at the moment. They are currently waiting on another piece of equipment to make signal stronger. Brian has a web cam so that I can see him. I have one too, but mine doesn't seem to work with my computer. I may have to buy another one so we can both see each other! In any case, we have to be thankful that today's technology allows for regular contact with each other!


    When I last spoke to Brian, he had a bit of a cold. I haven't been terribly impressed with the medical treatment the military provides our soldiers. They dole out a few tylenol and send them packing. The only other options are over the counter meds they might be lucky enough to find at the PX. Last night Brian informed me that he now has Bronchitis and I know first hand how that can get out of hand when left untreated. He says they have given him some other medication, so we'll see how it goes.


    In a nutshell, that's pretty much it. He had to leave for a meeting and said he would be back in a while. I fell asleep at the computer and missed him when he came back! Ugh! I hate it when that happens!
    I also hate waking up to find my face in a puddle of drool on my desk.


    Jack LaLanne Juicer


    Who Links Here