Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
  • My 100 Things
  • << Home


  • Blogroll Me!
    Sque's Links

    Archives

    My version of a Totally Sque'd reality!

    June 07, 2005

    Oh how I hate Murphy's Law

    I can't imagine what I must have done to get on his bad side, but Murphy sure seems to be pissed at me for some reason. Murphy has to be of the male gender!

    My Dad went to the hospital on Thursday for a "procedure", and ended up staying nearly a week. He had been complaining of not having any energy, then after some testing, his doctors found his blood count to be very low. This meant he was losing blood somewhere. There were no obvious signs that he was losing blood so it didn't start out as a huge deal, but they needed to top off his tank. So he received several pints of blood, but that didn't quite do it, so they gave him more. By Sunday, his blood count was going down again. After yesterday's colonoscopy, they discovered bleeding ulcers, took him off all blood thinners and aspirin which he had been taking since his stroke last summer, then gave him more blood. Today he seems much better and will likely be going home tomorrow afternoon. Thankfully, this round of health issues has been far less dramatic than the health issues he's been struggling with for the past couple of years!

    In other news, what started out as a small wet spot on my dining room ceiling has become a large gaping hole! Apparently my air conditioner is creating condensation...Somewhere and...something...Somewhere is blocked and this is causing water to drip from somewhere. I am not familiar with the inner workings of it all. All I know is that I can live with a gaping hole in the ceiling as long as the A/C continues to cool my home. For all I care, the entire ceiling can fall in, but if my house is cool, I'm cool too. So for now, I am still in good spirits. If we don't have coolness, then we will indeed have a disaster on our hands and someone may need to come shoot me. While you're at it, shoot Murphy too because I hate that little bastard.

    Now Playing: Don't make Me come over there and love You, By: George Strait
    Jack LaLanne Juicer


    Who Links Here